RED RIVER AREA
P.O. Box 1 - Wahpeton, ND 58074
Web site: www.rrasc.net
Our mission statement is to provide a common meeting ground
for sportspeople and wildlife conservationists by which a united
and organized effort can be made for the propagation, conservation
and protection of all forms of wildlife in North Dakota and Minnesota.
President: Greg Gerou;
Vice-President: Brad Glarum;
Secretary: Wayne Beyer;
Treasurer: Bill Straus;
Board Members: Cindie Van Tassell, Rich Truesdell and Dave Langenwalter
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Call (701) 642-2811 or E-mail email@example.com for location. Annual dues are $10.00.
- Jr. Wildlife Club meets on the third Thursday of each month from 6-7 PM. Activities include outdoor cooking, making fishing lures, hunting presentations, fly fishing, bird-watching field trips, zoo tours, trap shooting, duck calling, etc.
- Outdoor wildlife habitat projects include the Red River, wildlife management areas, Mooreton Pond, waterfowl production areas and the Ottertail River.
- ‘Getting kids outdoors’ is an emphasis. Scholarships are offered for college students enrolled in wildlife management. ‘TRACKS’ magazines are sponsored for every 4th grade student. Funding is provided for summer conservation camps. Archery and air rifle training programs are offered during the winter months. Funding is provided for the ND Jr. Duck Stamp Poster Contest. Club members volunteer as hunting and fishing mentors year-round.
- Partnerships include Prairie Pothole Partners, ND Game & Fish Department, Tewaukon National Wildlife Refuge, Sportsmen Against Hunger, Three Rivers Archery Club, Breckenridge Trap Club & Rifle Range, Mooreton Trap Club, Outdoor Adventure Foundation, Twist of Fate, Prairie Wetlands Center, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Wild Turkey Federation, Friends of Lake Sakakawea, Southeast ND Sportsmen’s Club, ND Wildlife Federation, MN DNR, Sportsman’s Alliance, Chahinkapa Zoo and ND Sportfishing Congress.
- ‘Hides for Wildlife’ and big game carcass dumpsters are sponsored during November-December.
- Vince Herding Youth Fishing Derby – 1st May Saturday from 7 AM to 2 PM at the Kidder Recreation Area.
- Dick Bell Catfish Tournament – 1st June Saturday from 7 AM to 3 PM at the Kidder Recreation Area.
- Carp & Sucker Derby – 1st August Wednesday from 1-4 PM at the Kidder Recreation Area.
- Marv Manock Youth Waterfowl Hunt – 3rd September Saturday from 5-11 AM at Tewaukon Refuge Area sloughs.
- Youth Pheasant Hunt – 1st October Saturday from 6-11 AM in Richland, Ransom and Sargent Counties.
- Hunters Smoker – Last October Friday from 6-10:30 PM at the Wahpeton Eagles Club.